BLOG#2 THE PC

The PC has grown drastically, it has taken the computer and has also integrated into what is known as the PC. The PC stands for personal computer, and according to the lecture has predicted to have U.S household penetration of “90%”.

The PC is microcomputer that is designed for a specific user, and its job is like a computer in which it uses data to input into computer memory, the data is processed in a central unit, and puts that data output into a readable format. 


The PC basic components consist of two main pieces:

-Hardware

            -Central processing unit (CPU)

            -Memory

            -Input and output devices

-Software

            -Set of instructions to allow hardware to manipulate the data

 

The best way to think about the PC components is to compare them to the human body, or even a vehicle. Everything has a purpose and helps create function. One of the most critical components that drive the PC is the CPU. It works like the brain and heart of the PC that is needed to process input, store data, and output the results. 

 

The PC is designed and used to a do a multitude of things that allows the data to check emails, doing schoolwork, checking bank accounts, multimedia, and even PC gaming. The list goes on when talking capabilities and what it can be used for. The world we are in today relies on technology, and the PC adopts that technology and creates a platform in order to utilizes the new innovations of today’s technology advancements.

 

The future of the what the PC has been capable of is exciting! The data that the PC is capable of processing is very promising to the future of many people. In an article named “Journal of Communication Disorders” they have been able create a PC platform that helps children that have speech sound disorders. The results of computer-based speech therapy according the journal has been “associated with positive clinical changes for some children with speech and sound disorders” From this journal we can see how the PC and what its capabilities are used for can not only be used for business, but can also be used for betterment of disorders in kids. 

 

The PC is constantly evolving whether it means hardware, or software. It is used not just for one thing, but multiple things that can help benefit the future of basically anything.

 

Citation:

 

Dennis M. Ruscello (Commentary author) (2019) The evidence-base for computer-based speech therapy for childhood speech sound disorders is somewhat limited, Evidence-Based Communication Assessment and Intervention, 13:4, 191-199, DOI: 10.1080/17489539.2019.1682800

 

 

Comments

  1. First and foremost, awesome picture for the description of the different components for the PC! When I first learned about computers, I had to compare it to how the human body worked and that definitely made the process of understanding all the components working together a lot more simple than being technical about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there was such thing as computer-based speech therapy! This is a great innovation that hopefully improves and becomes more accessible to those with speech sound disorders, and perhaps other disorders, depending on what software can be developed in the future. Computers are only improving, and I really do think that in the future that low-end computers will be capable of things that current high-end computers can do or run.

    -Alexia Lazcano

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I too wrote about the Pc and it's evolution, and I can totally agree, the future will hold so much more. Overall what I presumed about the PC is that it started something for everything we have now. If we didn't have the PC, we wouldn't have everything that we use in our day to day lives. I too was also intrigued with the evolution of the PC, as it started almost as big as a room or even a refrigerator, no matter how many shapes or forms it's taken though, we can agree it's still a stable piece and still in a form, authentic. You really showed the PC in its informative form and showed how much it can do, whether it be for help, or as a form of entertainment. The PC was and will always be a key product in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I liked how you compared the pc to the human body. It made it easier to understand the concepts of the pc. Also, I cannot wait for what the future has in store for the pc. Pc is an essential part of our life. We need it to communicate and do our classwork.
    - Aaron Felix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    What a great job of depicting the information you were presenting with a great picture! I also appreciate the effort and energy you took to ensure that your final product was aesthetically pleasing. I'm not very good at understanding how technology works, especially computers. But, after reading this I feel that I have a better overall understanding. I can't wait to see where PCs will be in another five years.
    -Kyleigh Peters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment